Vitamin E benefits in our body, especially in our skin.
Remember those days as a young child when your mother would consistently nag you to take your vitamins? Or eat a specific type of food because of the vitamins and nutrients found in it? Back then, those instructions were probably little more than a nuisance, just another typical thing moms have to tell you.
However, as we age, we slowly realize that vitamins are one of the most essential components of our health.
What Are Vitamins Good For?
The daily intake of a wide range of vitamins improves our body, health, and lifestyle in many ways. Each vitamin targets different areas of the body.
- A Vitamin: Improves and promotes healthy skin, immune system, and bone and tooth growth.
- D Vitamin: Needed for proper calcium absorption.
- E Vitamin: Antioxidant.
- K Vitamin: Necessary for proper blood clotting.
Vitamin E benefits
Besides its beneficial antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, vitamin E also supports the body’s immune system and helps our cells regenerate. In fact, We know it for its benefits it brings to our skin. Other Vit E benefits include:
- It is also an excellent antioxidant and helps combat any oxygen radicals in our system to prevent cell damage.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease by keeping cholesterol levels balanced.
- Protects and supports the nervous system by aiding the body in eliminating free radicals.
- It is also quite beneficial for promoting hair growth, commonly used in deep conditioners.
Vitamin E good for skin
As mentioned previously, some of the most significant benefits that come from Vitamin E are for our skin. Vit E also is commonly applied topically to improve our complexion and aid many well-known skin issues:
- Overnight Treatment: Vitamin E should more often than not be used at night. Not only does it significantly improve the product’s absorption into the skin, but it also makes it easier for people who apply make-up in the mornings. Vit E has a relatively thick consistency, making applying other skincare products and make-up a challenge. If you opt for using Vit E as an overnight product, allow it to sit for 20 minutes before resting your head on a pillow. Best repeated 2-3 times a week as a nightly skincare routine step.
- Anti-Aging: Perhaps another of its most significant benefits, Vitamin E contains anti-aging properties due to its high antioxidants. As mentioned above, it helps the body rid itself of free radicals, which are sometimes responsible for premature aging. Vit E also encourages blood circulation, which further prevents aging and wrinkles.
- Acne Scarring: Though there’s little evidence to support this, many people claim to rid themselves of acne scarring by using Vitamin E topically on their skin.
- Hyperpigmentation: Vitamin E improves dark spots on the skin, commonly caused by too much pigment (melanin). However, Vit E is more effective at removing dark spots while paired with Vitamin C.
Where to Find, Precautions to Take
Despite the vitamin E benefits in skincare and body, it is also necessary to be careful. Vitamin E supplements and products are straightforward to find, such as in a grocery store or cosmetic supplier. It is important to remember that each person is different. If you notice frequent breakouts or itchy rashes, discontinue the use of it and consult your doctor. Though not severe, most side effects include allergic reactions.