Summer Skincare Order
For numerous people, skincare can be a daunting and confusing task. There are so many products and so much information out there; it’s not surprising. To have healthy, nourished, and glowing skin, time and effort must be put into skincare routines. This means researching and choosing the correct products for your skin, being consistent with care, and applying them in the proper order. Yes, there are specific skincare steps for one to follow to get the best results. Do you know how to layer skincare?
Order of Skincare Products: Why Does It Matter?
Dry skin, oily skin, and combination skin all require different kinds of ingredients and amounts. However, it’s essential to know how to layer skincare products and what order to use them in. Incorrectly applying moisturizers before serums will have a different effect than if they were to be applied correctly.
Routines should change just like the seasons do. Everyone should update their products and application order every time there’s a change of season. This is mainly because many of the ingredients in our products work better at certain temperatures and humidity levels.
Summer Skincare Routine
Each product and ingredient will vary depending on the person’s skin type. Still, the order of application mostly remains the same.
- Cleanser (Day/Night): It’s always necessary to wash our face in the morning, regardless of whether we washed it the night before. Doing this in the morning wakes up your skin and preps it for smoother product application. For nighttime, make sure you cleanse a second time. Make-up remover and facial wipes do not count as cleansing.
- Toner (Day/Night): Needed for priming our skin for the subsequent ingredients to be absorbed properly.
- Serum (Day/Night): A lighter, vitamin C-packed serum for the mornings is a helpful way to protect our skin from grime and pollution throughout the days’ activities. During the nighttime, heavier serums with hyaluronic acid are encouraged.
- Eye Cream (Day/Night): A good thing to look out for with morning eye creams is rollerball applicators, which help reduce puffiness and swelling. For nighttime, use deeper hydrating eye creams.
- Moisturizer: Yes, we still always need to moisturize. This is a step many people forget or ignore altogether. Opt for a lightweight moisturizer that will hydrate your skin without weighing it down.
- Retinol (Nighttime Only): If used correctly, retinol helps fade dark spots, smooth scars and brighten the skin.
- Facial Oil (Day/Night): Layered on top of a moisturizer and serum, facial oils aid and lock in hydration products for them to work correctly.
- Sunscreen (Day Only): Never skip this step! Sunscreen is essential anytime our skin is exposed to the sun. This includes a short walk to the corner store or a full-on beach day under the sun.
Our new Skincare Kit comes with everything needed to enjoy long days in the sun. It’s a perfect kit to use for traveling or simply as your everyday go-to summer skincare routine.
- ZC30 Anti Aging Cream: This cream stops damage caused to our skin during the day. Apply it in the mornings before heading out for the days’ activities.
- ZCM15 Health Lotion: This lotion keeps your skin hydrated, nourished, and moisturized day and night.
- ZC5 After Sun: As the name suggests, perfect for applying after long days in the sun to help reduce free radical damage.
- ZCM30 Mineral Gel: Helps reduce inflammation and soothe muscle discomfort. Also contains menthol to provide that extra freshness.
- ZCM30 Hair Health: Strengthens and moisturizes hair from the root. Perfect for the summertime, since our hair tends to get more damaged due to the pool water, beach, and exposure to the sun.
Tell us in the comments how do you layer your skincare products!